Leaving Bolivia with our Bolivian pet dog. What do we need to do?

by Brendan Copley
(Yacuiba, Bolivia)

My partner and I have adopted a pet pup while here in Bolivia (he is between 3 - 4 months old). He has been vaccinated by the local vet here in Yacuiba. We are planning on moving abroad next spring and have been advised that we need to get the dog micro-chipped and organize an official rabies certificate (he has been vaccinated against rabies here in Bolivia and I have the vet´s records). We have heard we need to go to Santa Cruz to have the above procedures carried out. Can anyone advise us if this is correct, and if so, where do we have to go (addresses, phone numbers, websites, etc. would be greatly appreciated)?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Pet Travel Tips.