Will be flying with risk to be sent back to the US from Bolivia. Help!
Greetings! I am Indonesian and did apply for a Bolivia tourist visa in May 2011 and still have not got the visa. I went through so much desperation dealing with the Bolivian consulate in L.A for that matter, by the way. I later decided to reapply at the DC consulate through an agency.
It's been a little over 2 weeks and yet I am still without visa. I am getting frustrated! I realize I should have surfed online to learn others' experiences and particularly how hard it could be to obtain Bolivia tourist visa.
Having paid for all the accommodations in Bolivia (Intrepid tour, hotels, flights) I have decided that if I don't have the visa in time I will still leave for La Paz. My husband, who is a Canadian, will be going with me as well. Now I am frightened that they won't grant me a visa upon arrival and send me back alone to the US on the airplane.
I read in one of the articles that people of group 3 may be an exception (granted a visa upon arrival if they meet all requirements), can anyone please tell me if you're one of those people?
Also, can anyone suggest me on what I should do if I don't get granted the visa upon arrival? I am thinking of going to Peru to apply for one once I am rejected. Is that too much of a hassle you think?
Any response will be greatly appreciated!