Is a mutiple entrance visa to Bolivia possible?

by Kattya

Hola! I'm planning to go to Bolivia with my British boyfriend to live for 8 months, we were in Bolivia a month ago and stayed for 11 days. I've contacted the Bolivian embassy and was told that I can travel with my Bolivian Id (as I was born in Bolivia) but my boyfriend would need a visa (he is full British). Our problem is that our plan is to go and mainly stay in Bolivia but also want to go to Peru, Uruguay and Ecuador to visit friends. But we were told that if my boyfriend applies for the 'Special purpose Visa' as a student to get there, he will need to re-apply every time he re-enters Bolivia. Is there any other visa like the UK has 'Multiple Visa', which allows you to re-enter the country as many times as you would like? Or is there any other solution to this?

Thank you.

Comments for Is a mutiple entrance visa to Bolivia possible?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 01, 2012
Long Term Stays with Multiple Entries
by: Altiplano Bolivia

Unfortunately the options for longer term stays multiple entries in Bolivia are limited. A Tourist Visa would only allow an accumulated stay of 90 days within any 1 year (365 day)period. The 30-Day Special Purpose Visa would be the same as you can only extend it twice and is a more expensive option.

The only option for people wishing to live here is to enter the country with the 30-Day Special Purpose Visa and then apply for residency (1-Year Temporary Residence).

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Visas.