In the process of applying for residency...

by Pierre
(Santa Cruz)

Hi Bella,

Thanks very much for the tons of information that we can find in this site !
I'm in the process of applying for residency here a Santa Cruz, but I've got some difficulties to get the address of the different places where I'm supposed to get paper from.
For instance, have you got the address of the Interpol Office where I can get the certificado de Antecedentes ?
Also, do you know where I can get the "official" form for the medical visit?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Comments for In the process of applying for residency...

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 12, 2011
In the process of applying for residency...
by: BoliviaBella

Hi Pierre, happy to help.

The Interpol office is located on the 2nd floor of the Commando Departamental de Policías (Police Command Center) just one block from the big statue of Jesus (el Cristo) on the second ring (white building with lots of steps straight across the street from the Hotel Cortez). This is where you'll get your Certificado de Antecedentes (international criminal background).

You will also have to get a Certificado de Antecedentes (national criminal background) from the Bolivian police at the PTJ which is located on Santos Dumont Avenue (the wide avenue that runs down the side of the El Trompillo airport) and the 3rd ring. At the PTJ you will also have to get a REGISTRO DOMICILIARIO (you have to show them where you live) - so two documents here.

The medical certificate and AIDS test must be acquired at CENETROP (the Center for Tropical Diseases), also on the second ring, passing the René Moreno University (on the right hand side, past the university "modules" area) and prior to reaching the Hotel La Quinta. Just tell your taxi it's about 100 meters past "los módulos universitarios de la Rene Moreno".

Most radio taxis know how to get to both places.

I've moved your message to our TRAVEL VISA FORUM.

If you need any help with your paperwork, let me know so I can put you in touch with our Expat Services lawyer who is bilingual and does the residency applications here in Santa Cruz.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Visas.