Coming to Bolivia

by Ruth
(Denver, CO USA)

My family of 4 is coming to stay with a Bolivian family in Cochabamba. We know we will need tourist visas. Can we just get them when our Bolivian Air plane lands in Santa Cruz at the airport? Or is it better to get them here in the United States? Also, are we required to have a yellow fever shot with certificates even if we do not plan on going into the eastern part of the country? We read conflicting reports online, so I wonder what we are to believe. We will be staying 2 weeks, March 7-20.

Comments for Coming to Bolivia

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 26, 2015
Tourist visa to Bolivia
by: Anonymous

You can apply for a tourist visa prior to arriving (you're supposed to actually) at any Bolivian consulate in the USA. Although we've heard of Americans being given their visas upon arrival, it's sketchy and a risk. It seems to depend on the mood of the immigration officer of the moment.

Go here for how to apply for a tourist visa in the USA (use any Bolivian consulate near you, but these are the requirements):

Honestly, the best consulate is the one in Washington DC. You can do it by mail, but call them first (they speak English).

As to the yellow fever shot, they're not really enforcing that much lately.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Visas.