Can i extend my visaby exiting and re-entering Bolivia?

by marcela

Hi I have my boyfriend here and we live together but I have a 90 days visa that it has already expired. My boyfriend told me that we can make a short trip to Chile and re-enter to Bolivia and I'll get 90 days again cos I'm from group one. Is it true? We have planned travel to Argentina in December and come back in January. Is it better wait and pay the fee?!

Comments for Can i extend my visaby exiting and re-entering Bolivia?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 27, 2012
You get 90 days each year
by: Anonymous

So technically... if you are re-entering in JANUARY 2013 that is the beginning of a new year. As a tourist you get 90 days each year. So I think you would be able to get another 90 days when you re-enter in January. But I'm not 100% sure. Maybe ask at the immigration office.

So maybe it is not necessary to go to Chile first. Just leave to Argentina in December and re-enter in January on a new 90 days - but like I said, ask first.

Also, whether you go to Chile or to Argentina, there is a fine for overstaying your visa. Be prepared to pay your fine in cash on the day you leave Bolivia. They will fine you on your way out of the country. The fine is bs. 20 for each day you overstayed your current visa.

Nov 26, 2012
Re entering Bolivia
by: Rebeca

Hello, you only can have 90 days per calendar year, no more than that, but after that if you re enter the country you can get the special purpose visa, that will give 30 days, and it can be extended for 30 days more.
Further information:

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Visas.