Australian relocating to Bolivia for 6 to 12 months

by Monique
(Brisbane , Queensland, Australia)

Hello, my partner is relocating to Bolivia for a period of 6 to 12 months and is being sponsored by his employer. I plan on joining him in December this year but am unsure as to what my requirements are.

I have contacted the Bolivian Consulate in Australia with regards to visa requirements and am waiting to head back.

I know that as an Australian I can enter the company for a period of 30 to 90 days without a visa but wanted to enquire what I need to do after this timeframe period to ensure I can stay for the full period?

I do plan on looking for work whilst I am over there but have been told that I can organise this once I arrive. I need to learn some Spanish first!

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you,


Comments for Australian relocating to Bolivia for 6 to 12 months

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 17, 2011
Australian citizen relocating to Bolivia
by: Anonymous

If you plan to remain in the country more than 90 days you need to come on a VISA DE OBJETO DETERMINADO not a tourist visa. You will have to request residency in Bolivia one you arrive.

The visa de objeto determinado gives you 30 days upon arrival to do that. You'll have to show that you plan to work or volunteer here, or that you have a steady income from another source to allow you to live here without working.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Visas.