Peoples World Conference on Climate Change and Mother Earths Rights Cochabamba Bolivia 19 to 22 April 2010
Objectives: The Peoples' World Conference on Climate Change and Mother Earth Rights objectives are the following:
1. Analyze the structural and systemic causes of climate change and propose substantive measures that facilitate the well-being of all mankind in harmony with nature.
2. Discuss and agree the draft Universal Declaration of rights of Mother Earth.
3. To agree on proposals for new commitments to the Kyoto Protocol and projects for a COP Decision under the United Nations Framework for Climate Change that will guide future actions in those countries that are engaged with life during climate change negotiation
4. Work on the organization of a people's world referendum on climate change.
5. Analyze and draw up a plan of action to advance the establishment of a Climate Justice Tribunal;
6. Define strategies for action and mobilization in defense of life against climate change and for mother earth rights.
Defenders of life and mother earth from:
* social organizations
* indigenous peoples
* networks, institutions, NGOs, universities and scientific and academic entities, political, religious or cultural movements
* women, young people, workers, scientists, academics, lawyers, artists and activists
* governments, parliamentarians, local authorities, international and regional institutions
For general questions and on registration - firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Groups - email@example.com
Self Organized Events - firstname.lastname@example.org
Press enquiries - email@example.com
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Events 2010.