Acquiring Specific Purpose Visa for Bolivia in Peru

by Aaron

I am an American citizen currently in Bolivia on a tourist visa. I need to get a specific purpose visa for residency. Is it possible to get a specific purpose visa from a Bolivian consulate in Peru? If so, how long would it take? Thanks.

Comments for Acquiring Specific Purpose Visa for Bolivia in Peru

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 29, 2013
Getting an SPV for Bolivia in Peru
by: Anonymous

You can acquire a visa for Bolivia at a Bolivian consulate in Peru. It normally takes 24-48 hours but depends on weekends, holidays, etc. The cost for Americans (oh excuse me, U.S. CITIZENS) is $85.

In order to ensure you have no problems, you need to be sure the consulate is a full consulate and not an honorary consulate (they have limited services).

You also have to be sure you fulfill all the requirements for an SPV. You should request a list of the requirements from any Bolivian consulate in Peru, or even previously any Bolivian consulate in the U.S. can provide you the list.

Apr 22, 2013
by: Aaron

I apologize. I am a United States of American citizen. So I guess if I call all of my Bolivian neighbors 'americanos' they'll be cool with that... right? I know Evo would love it. Thanks for helping with my questions by the way.

Apr 22, 2013
Visa Information
by: Anonymous

Wi-I get off your high horse. He just wanted some information, not a lecture.

Apr 22, 2013
Please learn
by: Wi-l

I believe you meant you are a US citizen, because Americans are all of we that live either in North or South AMERICA, please learn for once and for all!!!!!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Travel Visa Forum.